Name connections

Hello, I would like to report a problem, maybe there is a solution I have not found.

I generate a device with multiple connections, these connections are read from a table with filter connections (name/tag):

I have a prepared exel table where I copy these values and put them into a new Connenct CAD table without any filters, I copy this again into the table connections where my device connections are.

At first it works, but when I want to move my finished device, this entry disappears.

I enter the device values/name from a exel over a fresch table in the same way and it works.

Is it possible to copy in connection values via tables?

Does the skt_con have a lock for import?

Does anybody have any Idea to solve this? 

I need to import hundreds of numbers into connections of many devices, and if we have the tables why not? .

Thank you

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Wilkendorf,

Can you send me a test file showing the problem? It will be easier to see what is going on that way. I suppose that maybe you are setting the values to the wrong place, probably the skt_rec or dev_rec records, while these values should be set to the Socket and Device records.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov