Sheet numbering

I programmed the Record and now I can insert the Sheet Number and Name in the Navigation Palette or Title Block and they will be coordinated. But the Drawing List Worksheet will only read the sheet number, even when I enter the exact name in the Record Format file. I'm obviously doing something wrong but cannot figure it out.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.04.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.18.03 AM.png

I don't remember exactly how the VW2015 title block worked, but it is likely that you have a typo in the record or field names.

Try running the script in the following thread. It may give you the information you need about what the actual field names are. They are often different than the displayed field names. Start with the most recent and then go back if that does not run on VW2015. 

If you don't get it, post a file with your title block and we can try and take a look.

Thanks for the script; This is what the script gives me:

'Drawing Border - Universal'.'__drawingTitle'          ...but does not work

This is what I found hidden somewhere in one of my other drawings...

='TitleBlockRec-Arch'.'S_ShtTitle Line 1_SD'          ...does work!!!

Other lines that did work:

='TitleBlockRec-Arch'.'S_ShtTitle Line 2'

='TitleBlockRec-Arch'.'S_ShtTitle Line 3'

• Like 1

I'm glad you got it worked out.

I forgot the they had already separated the Title Block Record from the Drawing Border record (which is what the script returned).

When you upgrade to VW2019 (2020?) or later there are significant changes and the Drawing Border object becomes the Title Block Border object and you end up with separate record for Project, Sheet, Revision, and Issue. But the upgraded Worksheet also gives you pull down menus to choose the Record and Field by the display name but uses the "true" name to construct the formulas.