Ambient light in 3D Panorama images

thijsdebock

Question

Hi all

I am having a problem with my panorama 3D renders.

For some reason the ambient light stays on and they wont be rendered in the perfect setting.

Anyone has the same problem and or know a work around?

This way the panorama is not perfect to be send out to my client

Attached 2 screenshots of renders, one of a normal render which shows the result it should be and one screenshot of the panorama render.

And yes this is after it is fully processed because i know it starts always as a openGL render

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.45.30.png

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.45.49.png

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @thijsdebock

I ran a test of a model with lit fog background and ambient light turned off in render style.  The panorama I got back from VCS showed these correctly.  I will need your file to test with, can you send it in a message?

Q: Are you rendering locally or with Vectorworks Cloud Services?

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

Before I send the file I need to strip all markings of the client first out of it.

Rendering on cloud service

I figured out that the 3D panorama only works out in a closed environement as soon if there is even a crack in wall the light from outside (even if its not there) kills the whole rendering. Which is still strange because if I use the same settings and angle on a normal renderworks camera I get a perfect render

I'm having the same issue. To make sure I had a closed environment,  I literally drew a building around my venue, and still getting the same problem. 

UPDATE:

I found ONE leko, that falloff was set to 'none'. Blew out the whole scene. 

Edited by sabshire
  • Like 1
On 5/17/2021 at 6:04 PM, Dave Donley said:

Hello @thijsdebock

I ran a test of a model with lit fog background and ambient light turned off in render style.  The panorama I got back from VCS showed these correctly.  I will need your file to test with, can you send it in a message?

Q: Are you rendering locally or with Vectorworks Cloud Services?

Hi Dave

Its been a while, but I am still struggling with the same issue.

See attached the pictures of the renders, you can see that the Panorama is still to heavily lit by ambient light, while all settings are the same.

I also attached the VWX file for you to see.

Hope you can find a misser on my end.

cheers

Thijs

Cam 1.JPG

Cam 2.JPG

Cam 3.JPG

Cam 4.JPG

Panorama3.jpg

20211011 VWX Test.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello again @thijsdebock I am able to see the problem with your file thanks so much.  This is fixed in 2022 Service Pack 2.

This bug is file specific, it has been bothering me awhile because I have seen it before but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Your file shows it easily.

The bug happens when there aren't any lights on the current active layer.  In that case the panorama gets added default lighting.

There is a workaround which may help until we get the code fix in, if you make sure the currently-active layer is one that has lights in it then that should keep the default lighting from blowing out the rendering.  HTH!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Dave Donley said:

Hello again @thijsdebock I am able to see the problem with your file thanks so much.  This is fixed in 2022 Service Pack 2.

This bug is file specific, it has been bothering me awhile because I have seen it before but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Your file shows it easily.

The bug happens when there aren't any lights on the current active layer.  In that case the panorama gets added default lighting.

There is a workaround which may help until we get the code fix in, if you make sure the currently-active layer is one that has lights in it then that should keep the default lighting from blowing out the rendering.  HTH!

Thanks Dave.

Glad I finally know the workaround to get this feature happening.

Good to hear it will be solved in the service pack 2, but for now I am helped with getting this feature working

Thanks

Panorama.jpg

• Like 1