Double-tap doesn't bring up dialogue box

Florimel

Question

Double tapping the "move-by-points" keyboard shortcut doesn't bring up the dialogue box. I've tired changing the shortcut to different options.  Any hints on how to fix this? Double-tapping shortcut keys for other tools does bring up the dialogue box.

5 answers to this question

In VW2021 the Move By Points does not have a dialog box. The only things in the dialog box where the Number of Duplicates and Retain Original Object and these were moved directly to the Mode bar.

With the Move By Points tool selected, hit the I (letter i) key to toggle the Retain Original and the P key to set the focus to the Number of Duplicates.

U/I/O/P work on all tools to move between or set focus to the 1st to 4th "groups" in the Mode Bar.

• Like 1

Thank you for correcting me. I had forgotten they could be changed. (I am serious about this. I hate it when I give our wrong info and actually like to be corrected).

Remember that many of the answers given here (as I did above) assume the default workspaces and key assignments. So you will have to remember you changed them the next time someone tells you to select the BLAH tool and hit the U key 3 times to get to mode XXX.

;-)