SECTION VIEWPORT - randomly change to regular viewport

drelARCH

Question

Hello,

I am experiencing since version 2020 (If I remember correctly) that from time to time section viewport (horizontal section) change randomly to regular viewport creating viewport with orthogonal view: custom view resulting in some kind of mix of previous floor plan and added elevation(upside down) after viewport update...see attachment screenshot.

Anybody seeing this issue too?

Snímka obrazovky 2021-05-13 o 10.59.32.png

Edited by drelARCH

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, drelARCH said:

I just have sent you file privately. Thanks for looking into it. 

Thanks for the file.

This is a bizarre one!

I entered a bug (VB-178791) with a simplified version of the file for the engineers to look at.

If you have any idea what actions may've caused this, please let me know.

Best,

Matt

• Like 2

Thanks.

As long as I can remember I normally spot this behaviour when viewport type is already changed (from horizontal section viewport to regular viewport) and I see overlaying elevation view on top of original horizontal section viewport view. Elevation part is sticking out of viewport crop... This doesn't say much about actions taken before ... I have to watch out more on this one and I will report if something occur.

As mentioned in initial post I am definitely seeing this issue earliest since upgrade from 2019 to 2020 version...maybe earlier but not sure.

At some stage I'm seeing this issue typically once per every file.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Thanks.

As long as I can remember I normally spot this behaviour when viewport type is already changed (from horizontal section viewport to regular viewport) and I see overlaying elevation view on top of original horizontal section viewport view. Elevation part is sticking out of viewport crop... This doesn't say much about actions taken before ... I have to watch out more on this one and I will report if something occur.

As mentioned in initial post I am definitely seeing this issue earliest since upgrade from 2019 to 2020 version...maybe earlier but not sure.

At some stage I'm seeing this issue typically once per every file.

Thanks for the info.

Have you seen the problem in a file that started fresh in VW 2020 or later?  I'm wondering if something happened when brining the file forward from VW 2019.

Just now, Matt Panzer said:

Thanks for the info.

Have you seen the problem in a file that started fresh in VW 2020 or later?  I'm wondering if something happened when brining the file forward from VW 2019.

Yes indeed. The one I sent you was created fresh in latest version (2021). I upgraded to latest version on first day of release (late september 2020) and project started late october 2020.

I have never mentioned it here on forum as this is not issue that I am seeing very often rather rarely but as said at some stage at every project (not every file) I come across this issue. (Altogether maybe 15 projects).