Autoclassing glitch for doors

P Retondo

When I set the class for the "Door" PIO insertion tool, the object acquires the given class automatically. However, it does not acquire the attributes for that class automatically, even though the class has been set to "use at creation." I have to manually modify the attribute for fill every time I insert a door. I assume the same behavior is true for the "window" tool. This behavior does not occur with any of the "2" version tools. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch?

VW 10.0.1

.vso's dated 2-11-03

Win XP

[ 02-25-2003, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

How are you "setting the class for the Door PIO insertion tool"? When I use Organize -> Scripts -> Create Plug-in -> [select "Door"] -> Properties, and enter a value for the Default Class, this seems to work fine. When creating new instances of the Door object, the objects go into the specified class, and if "use at creation" is selected for that class, the objects take on the class attributes.

Hi Charles, yes, that is exactly how I have set the default class for my PIO door tool. The objects are assigned the correct class. The class is set to a solid fill (white), with attributes set to "use at creation." Yet the object is unfilled (wireframe in rendered 3D). I have to select it, and modify the fill attribute in the attribute dialog box.

[ 02-25-2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

I tested this on WinXP, using 10.0.1, and I still couldn't duplicate the problem. My doors are getting solid fills on creation, if that's how the target class is set. Please send me (charles@nemetschek.net) your door.vso file. I can't believe that the plug-in in corrupt, but I don't know where else to start, so I'll start there. [smile]