correct US window/door terms in plugins

Henry Finch

This came up a few years ago and I assumed it would be repaired in future VWA versions. Having just started with VWA10 last week I see it wasn't taken care of.

In wood door construction in the USA and Canada a STILE is ALWAYS a vertical member and the horizontal members are ALWAYS RAILS. This applies to window construction also. The way VWA has invented the new definition for rail as a horizontal stile is like calling all beams horizontal columns.

I do a little work for a window manufacturer. They think NNA should hire an architect or someone in the building industry who knows these basic terms. An architect I was showing VWA almost wrote off the program as probably not specialized enough for architects because of this simple basic ignoance.

Maybe in other english speaking countries other terms are used. That's why there are country specific versions. In any case the USA and Canada are major markets for NNA.

Please make the standard door ands window plugin terms correct and if someone wants to have a creative language version they can do it with vectorscript.

The only good thing about this is it's not a programming bug.

Henry