Custom 3D Windows

Forum.  I need your help.  I need to make triangular windows (custom models) and insert them into a wall but I'm getting a strange result.  See pic attached.

I must be missing something.  The symbol refuses to insert itself parallel to the wall but rather perpendicular.  Thoughts?

ScreenHunter_121 May. 12 14.37.jpg

I personally don't like inserting symbols in walls and will always make a faux window (Opening/Cased Opening if it is rectangular) (Wall Recess if the shape is more complex).

I then place the symbol in the model manually (aka non inserted).  This gives me more flexibility over placement within the wall.  The downside to this is that if the wall moves, you have to move the symbol.  But It saves you the trouble of making symbols for horizontal walls and symbols for vertical walls. 

I really wish VW would improve the wall tool! 

1 hour ago, Markvl said:

Forum.  I need your help.  I need to make triangular windows (custom models) and insert them into a wall but I'm getting a strange result.  See pic attached.

I must be missing something.  The symbol refuses to insert itself parallel to the wall but rather perpendicular.  Thoughts?

"Inside" the symbol, a door or window should be laid out horizontally; that is, left to right. When inserted into a wall, the symbol's X axis is aligned with the wall.

• Like 1