Annotations jump around on viewport annotation layer

Emma Ryder

Question

Please help! Every now and again I annotate a moulding or add shading on a viewport with a shape via annotations. 1 out of every 10 annotations moves when I move the viewport, the shape will then jump to a completely random place in a random direction. If I copy and paste the object, both of them will react this way, going in completely random places

I have VW17 Spotlight 

5 answers to this question

I've had issues in 2021 with objects in Annotations that I've copied from a Design Layer still retaining their Layer Plane designation despite planes not existing on Sheet Layers, and these Layer Plane 2D objects sometimes move arbitrarily when moving the viewport, or sometimes they'll randomly flip or invert themselves or disappear. It's very odd. Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but if so, you could try cutting the offending annotations, pasting in blank file, changing plane to Screen Plane, then pasting back into your original file.

3 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

I've had issues in 2021 with objects in Annotations that I've copied from a Design Layer still retaining their Layer Plane designation despite planes not existing on Sheet Layers, and these Layer Plane 2D objects sometimes move arbitrarily when moving the viewport, or sometimes they'll randomly flip or invert themselves or disappear. It's very odd. Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but if so, you could try cutting the offending annotations, pasting in blank file, changing plane to Screen Plane, then pasting back into your original file.

That worked thank you! I did exactly that and changed the plane to screen, much appreciated Andy.

Best wishes,

Emma

• Like 1