Importing GP from AutoCAD with Ref Viewports

I have an AutoCAD file of a show that I am trying to import into VW solely to use the groundplan and section.  However, it appears that there are several problems in my way.  

1. I have had a similar issue with importing other AutoCAD files where they are multiple colors of each line creating duplicate information that slows down the functionality of the drawing overall.  

2.  This particular file has several viewports referenced in the groundplan.  So, when I try to copy the groundplan to paste it into our rep season file for lighting,  VW will not allow me because it includes viewport information.   

So, is there a quick way for me to copy the groundplan with the referenced viewports, but just retain all information as lines?  I don't want to import the entire AutoCAD file because it basically bricks my computer because of all of the extraneous information that is unneeded in the AutoCAD import. 

Edited by SuperSparky
Removed file.

Hey,

I have attached a couple test files too try somethings out, I am normally on the other side of these import issues, I have recently switched from AutoCAD to Vectorworks.

I have cleaned up and simplified the AutoCAD file to see if that helps speed up your import and solve some of your line issues that you are having.

I have also copied over the ground and section plan and placed it in a VXW file, to see if that is what you are looking for.

AutoCAD users draw in 'Model Space" which is equivalent to a Vectorworks "Deign Layer". If you import the DWG into a blank Vectorworks file you should be able to copy over the symbols and lines that you are looking for into a blank drawing and leave behind everything you do not want.

Platee_2-20-2020_Edit.dwg Platee_2-20-2020_VW.vwx