Exporting DWG

TBrown

I have been sharing my VW files with AutoCad users for years and this has never come up before but I am dealing with someone who is not really CAD literate but is using Autocad. I have sent them a drawing (a roof plan of a large facility) and they are complaining that it appears as a postage stamp sized image in their workspace. I have always just told the recipient the intended output scale and they have scaled the drawing accordingly and have may taken it for granted that this is the easiest method. I guess what I am wondering....Is there a typical process of exporting a file to DWG that will allow the end user to open the file and have it appear in Autocad at the intended size and scale? Or even something they can do at import?

Regards

Trevor

Trevor,

In VW, are you drawing around the 0,0 coordinate?

The drawing should go over just fine in about the same size as you would see it in VW, depending on the version of AC they are using. They also have a pan/zoom like tool that allows them to zoom in on the drawing to make it bigger to see.

If you want me to take a look at the VW file and DXF file you've created, you can send them. I can look at them in VW and AutoCad and compare the differences and even send a screen shot back to you showing what I have.

Please include a note reminding me what the email is in regards to, the version of VW you are using, mac or pc and the version of AC the other person is using.

tech@nemetschek.net?subject=ATTN:Katie

[ 02-19-2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]