Dimension angled at specific degree

Biscontin

Question

7 answers to this question

@Biscontin this may not be practical but if you draw the object in 3D rather than 2D then the dimensions will behave the way you want on the design layer. The only issue is the Hidden Line render mode which causes the witness lines to display incorrectly so to generate this I stacked a wireframe viewport on top of a hidden line one:

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 19.50.48.png

Not the answer you were looking for I know.

Someone else may have a better idea

Edited by Tom W.
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Biscontin said:

@tom W. this is good, it works... thanks! I did as you said and I see the VW error on the witness lines. Could you just guide me how to "stacked a wireframe viewport on top of a hidden line one"?

Thanks thanks.

Cool.

Just duplicate the VP in place so there are two VPs on top of each other. Then for the top VP turn off the class the object is in so just the dimension is visible then change the background render mode from dashed hidden line to wire frame. This will make the dims in the top VP display as solid whilst the object in the first VP underneath remains in dashed hidden line still.