When I drag a 3d object into Vectorworks (OBJ file) I cannot find the object

Why can I not find it? I would like to add the door object to my library so I can insert the door in my walls. As well I have some door hardware with square backplates I would like to place on doors I create in Vectorworks. I disable the door hardware on the Vectorworks doors. How can I place this imported hardware on all my doors. I don't have Vectorworks Select, otherwise I might find some hardware I like there.

I don't know whether mine has been the same issue, but often the object is not visible, although identified in the Object Info palette.

Once dragged in, I have just been cutting, clicking a point on screen and then pasting, then wherever it had wandered off to it was back where I could see it!

Other than that, just the obvious, ie: are classes set to Active Only and are there perhaps strange classes or layers embedded in the imported [or not imported] object?

Your suggestion worked MaleXLR. I now have the door placed in the wall but how do I cut the hole in the wall. All I see is the casing and drywall, and the handle sticking through the drywall. Can the door be converted to a door symbol, so that when I place it in a wall a hole is booleaned, so you can see the door and not the drywall? What about imported hardware for the door. How do I place the hardware easily on the doors without hardware? How do I place the handles, specifically? Thanks

Slightly above my pay grade sorry, but I think if you create a symbol from your door there should be an option to "Insert in Walls" and I think that will do what you want.

As far as hardware, I would probably create symbols from those and make sure that the insert point makes sense ie: maybe hinge insert located at the bottom corner of the door on the hinged side and handles insert located at the bottom corner of the non-hinged side, but I am sure someone will have a better way!

When i drag my 3d door symbol onto the center of a wall this is what happens. The door cutout is to the right of the center of the wall and the door is about 5 ft back from the wall. Is there a problem with my wall or file? 2120588369_wrongplacementofdoorandcutout.thumb.JPG.2075d9513eca2cc139fa5588cd053fab.JPGCan someone tell me what the black vertical lines are on the wall I am trying to insert the door in. Thanks EDIT: Thanks MaleXLR

Edited by brent m kjernisted