Drawing the floor of amphi (like a rise)

Hi to all.

I started to draw a open air theatre. I finished the all stage. But i can't draw a floor of amphi. I complicated the seating section but there is no floor. I want to draw amphi like a curved stair as i uploaded the photo.

Is there a shortcut of drawing a amphi. If i want to draw with arc, rectangle and push/pull tool but it will long time.

I searched a tutorial or video about this matter. But I couldn't find.

Can you please help me?

Have a good day for everyone.

Kind regards.

DBzp36aWsAAhkhf.jpg

Hi to all.

I started to draw a open air theatre. I finished the all stage. But i can't draw a floor of amphi. I complicated the seating section but there is no floor. I want to draw amphi like a curved stair as i uploaded the photo.

Is there a shortcut of drawing a amphi. If i want to draw with arc, rectangle and push/pull tool but it will long time.

I searched a tutorial or video about this matter. But I couldn't find.

Can you please help me?

Have a good day for everyone.

Kind regards.

DBzp36aWsAAhkhf.jpg

This is best done using an Extrude Along Path.  If you have a section view of the venue, use that to make a closed polygon/polyline of the profile.  Then, draw an arc representing the path.  If you have a plan view of the space, you can easily draw the path using either the arc tool or the polyline tool.  Once that's done, select the profile polygon and the path arc, then click on Model-Extrude Along Path.  A dialog box should pop up allowing you to select which of the two objects is the path object (highlighted in red), click OK and the the Extrude Along Path will be built.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Vectorworks will treat the path as the exact center of the extrude, so if you use the bottom step in your example to draw your path, you will need to move the profile after creation.  Do this by double clicking the Extrude and select Edit Profile, then move the profile shape so that the "origin point" is where the path should be.

Profile shape created from section view

image.thumb.png.6fb184475e11bb8d0dcb5f325b91a857.png

Selecting the path object (an arc in this case)

image.thumb.png.978a470ca3aca3b6288b5c7eded6f72f.png

Repositioning the profile

image.thumb.png.d2fc6939c43afa76678ec3217ed6b3b6.png

Final Object

image.thumb.png.ba67374b65e65f344affe7dd908f3730.png

All of this depends on what kind of drawings/resources you have to start with, but even if you have a rough idea of the dimensions of each "step" of the amphitheater and a rough idea of the curve, it should be pretty quick to build.

• Like 2