Objects disappear in editing modes

10 hours ago, Ed Wachter said:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just read about some cases on the german forum.

AFAIK so far Support not able to replicate and no solution.

If I miss things on screen I would first try to lower the OpenGL

quality settings in VW settings.

Thanks Tom and Zoomer. I'm familiar with the  "Show other objects in editing modes" setting; I use it all the time. It's not the other objects that are disappearing - it's the objects within the group or the outline of the hardscape I'm editing. For now, I'm using 3D polygons outside the hardscape to shape the surface of the hardscape and site model.

I'll post again here if I learn more, but I've been struggling with disappearing objects within groups for months or more. I just started using hardscapes last week.

Thanks

Ed 

I seem to encounter a number of sporadic bugs related to containers, but they're always hard to nail down or submit JIRA reports about.

In 2021 specifically there seems to be an occasional issue with undoing inside containers involving certain object types, where undoing more than once causes geometry to become 'invisible' until you exit the container and re-enter.

There's also currently an issue with Clip Cube not working properly inside containers.

Other than that, there have always been various container-related issues such as randomly not being able to snap to things outside of the container even if they're visible, or 2D objects behaving like they're on the wrong plane, or view-centering within containers not working, etc.

• Like 2

OK,

experience it myself.

Going into extrude Edit Mode may show my 2D elements - or not.

In this case also the environment is invisible.

Just my Heliodon and any random element I don't know is visible ....

Getting down with OpenGl Performance Settings does not help.

Seems it is related to when Clip Cube is on.

If I deactivate Clip Cube I can see my geometry inside my Extrude again.

(Just that without clip cube I can't recognize to what lines I should snap to)

BTW

I'm on M1 Mac.

Edited by zoomer
4 hours ago, Ed Wachter said:

Thanks. I appreciate that perspective. Yes, it believe I have experienced some of these issues. I assume "container" refers to groups or other objects that we must click into to get inside th editing mode.

I do not know what JIRA reports are.

Yes, whenever you enter into an editing mode with an orange border I consider it a 'container.'

For me the two worst offenders are Symbols (due their hybrid nature) and Extrudes Along Path with "Fix Profile" checked. I don't use Hardscape or Slabs but I've heard folks complain that they're also temperamental.

JIRA is where beta testers file bug reports. For those without access to that, there's a "Bug Submit" link at the bottom of this page.

2 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

^ the absolute worst I've encountered is the "hole" object of symbol designed to insert into a wall. It is so buggy.

KM

Yes!  For some reason the view and perspective of the 3D Wall Hole Component space never match the 3D Component space.  You just have to paste in place and trust.  Luckily it works, but it's hard to verify without inserting the symbol into a wall.

• Like 1