Pochflyboy

3D Poly to Site Model

I have a 3D poly that I want to make my existing site model. I cant figure out a workflow. Anyone have an idea?

@Pochflyboy depending on which industry product you are using it's either going to be in the dropdown menu for AEC or Landmark>Create Site Model>Site Model from Source Data.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.16.38 AM.png

When I choose "Site Model from Source Data" it changes the 3D poly into a flat site model instead of retaining the 3D polys mesh.

@Pochflyboy  sounds like you are trying to create a site model from a single mesh surface, is that correct?

Perhaps you should post the file so we can see what you are trying to do.

30 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

@Pochflyboy  sounds like you are trying to create a site model from a single mesh surface, is that correct?

Perhaps you should post the file so we can see what you are trying to do.

Yes from a single mesh surface. I thought there was maybe a tool I was missing to just create from the mesh.

2 minutes ago, Pochflyboy said:

Yes from a single mesh surface. I thought there was maybe a tool I was missing to just create from the mesh.

You can ungroup the mesh. It will convert it to "x" # of 3d polys which can be used as source data for creating a site model.