Small Residential Landscape Tutorial

Peter W Flint

Question

Just browsing through the Site Design section this morning looking for strategies in creating site models for small residential parcels, when I remembered the residential model from the Intermediate Concepts course, which sped up my workflow considerably for creating accurate models of a clients home. 

I’m wondering if we could get a similar tutorial for site design. The basic Landmark introduction is just a curated set of videos introducing each tool, but there’s no demonstration of how each 3D element interacts with the other once placed on the site model. 

I would be interested in seeing how the development team has envisioned the creation of a proposed site model that includes pads, grade limits, slabs, hardscapes, landscape areas,  additional grading, etc. from 2D graphics, in much the same way that the Intermediate Concepts video shows how one can generate slabs, walls and roofs from a simple building footprint. Other content could include resolving basic site modifier conflicts, the uses of stakes vs. contours, site modifiers vs. surface modifiers, strategies for publication, etc. 

Is anyone else using Landmark interested in this?

Cheers

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, YLD said:

I’m interesting in purchasing vectorworks for my company and I feel like a tutorial mentioned above will be a deciding factor. I want to see tutorials for a residential scale project. 

You should check out Vectorworks University.  It has an excellent collection of landscape tutorials and finished projects you can download and inspect.

• Like 1