Vision 2021 connect the Grand Ma3 onPC Issues

Hello to all.

I started to learn Vision 2021. I downloaded vision and Grand Ma3 onPC. However ı got some problems. I applied every directions step by step as @JuanP said (

However  I couldn't update release_wiz_key_1.4.53.8.xml. because it doesn't appear any xml files. (upload the photo). Is it about ma3 onPC? I can't change the updatemode version. I think updatemode and idlemaster should be same version. (photo 2)

And also i have to inform you something. I have no dongle and i have no Gma3 onPC port node. Can't i work without them?

Can you please help me about this matter?

Best Regards. 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 03.51.33.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 03.51.51.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Safak Sari In order to connect to the grandMA3 to Vision, or any pre-visualization software,  you will need the physical viz-key device that is available form an MA Lighting dealer. Without a viz-key or a MA network node you will not be able to connect grandMA3 onPC to Vision or any other pre-visualization software.

@klinzey Thank you so much that you informed me. In that case which console software do you advice me? Actually i'm not a lighting designer. I'm try to become a technical production manager/designer so i need the console software that i can control the dmx address. Can you help me about this matter. (I'm asking this to all forum members)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Safak Sari Give ETC EOS/Nomad a try. https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/

It's probably one of the easier more powerful ones to learn and they have some great tutorials.

In the Visualization mode you can connect to Vision with sACN or ArtNET but it will randomly take the intensity of all lights to 0 to prevent you from using it on a real show.

If you want something very simple you can use QLC+ https://www.qlcplus.org/

It's simple but can be a little buggy at times and doesn't have a lot of moving light profiles built-in.