Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Custom Data Bar

JBenghiat

Thanks @Maarten DE, using CParametricCustomBar was quite useful. Vectorworks was hanging when I used the ISDK calls, and the VWPluginToolCustomBar class seems to require first initializing an array of CustomBarRefID's, which is a bit confusing.

I have everything working, except that the very first time I run the tool each session, the data bar is blank.

I was also hoping to use SetDataDisplayBarField to automatically handle certain data types, but that didn't seem to work for me.

For a custom tool, I'm calling the create and install commands from PointAdded(). I'm overriding the OnCustomBar_ methods for setup, update, lock, and unlock.

if ( this->GetToolPointsCount() == 1 ) {
        if ( fCustomBar.GetCustomBarID() == 0 ) {
            fCustomBar.Create();
            fCustomBar.Install();
        }
    } else {
        fCustomBar.Release();
    }

A sample in the SDK that uses normal and dynamic control points and a custom data bar would be very usefull imo. And maybe even a Reshape tool overwite too. Now it's just way to much trail and error to get something to work.

Where are you creating your dynamic ctrl Pts? I create mine in VWParametric_EventSink::Recalculate() and everywhere where I read the object's parameters. I use gSDK->CustomObjectControlPtSet().

The custom Data Bar, I create it in VWParametric_EventSink::OnCursorEvent().

But again, I'm far from having a perfect working version myself...

I also create the control points in the recalculate event sink, and have a method that uses CustomObjectControlPtSet() to create all the control points. I have an enum defined for all the control point IDs.

I'm using an implementation of IProviderCursorHandles to handle the control point actions, as well as set custom tool tips and images.

Ended up creating a child class of CParametricCustomBar that has methods for setup, update, lock, and unlock, so I could easily use the same custom bar for the insertion tool and control points. In both cases, I'm not seeing the custom bar the very first time in a Vectorworks session. For control points, I only see the custom bar in 2D views. I tried installing and releasing the custom bar during the constructor, but that doesn't help. Otherwise, everything is working as expected.