Re: Referencing on OneDrive

I have ran into an issue where a colleague opens a file that I have saved on Shared OneDrive Show Folder and the reference is broke.

The file references a set drawing (in a sub-folder of my LX Folder). 

The set drawing DWG was referenced with "Path relative to current document" selected, however when it is opened the path seems to be on My one drive folder

(/Users/mharpur/National Theatre/Afterlife - Documents/LX/01 LX Plan/02 Set Drawings).

Just wondering if this is expected behaviour or I am missing something/doing something wrong. 

I am keen to keep referencing as the DWG currently changes every couple days and my programmer and myself also need to edit the file.\

Any suggestions appreciated

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Michael,

So as far as I am aware the reference should be in the same root folder as the VWX file, TBH I would put it in the same folder.

Also The path should be relative not absolute.

You should also cache the file to avoid losing it and then update the reference as and when you need to.

Best wishes

Tom W

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply.

As I rule I reference by path. I have followed your other steps also however have come up with the same issue where it is asking to manually locate the file. 

Could this possibly be a Mac thing with OneDrive? 

Thanks

M

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This could be a one drive issue. We have done lots of testing with dropbox but not one drive.

In theory It shouldn't make any difference providing they have installed one drive and they are not uploading a new version each time?

Vectorworks Cloud Services file sharing came out with SP3 and also works perfectly for VSS customers.