Hardscape rendering issues

I have created a hardscape for a gravel surface.  When I render using a standard stone finish only the border renders in this way, the main hardscape alters the render - maybe rotating it?  Is there a way to change the way this renders to give the appearance I want?  This render works perfectly on an extrude, just not on hardscape.  

Image below shows the extrude - which is how I want it to look - the area to the right is the hardscape with border. 

Vwx 21 Landmark

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 12.41.12.png

thank you that was very helpful.  Do you also have any tips for the adjustment of hardscape using the hardscape profile tab, or the surface modifiers.  I am trying to align two hardscape which are both aligned hardscape but I cannot get the edges to align vertically.  I also need to add a slope but I end up with odd valleys and shapes if I use grades or stakes.  I cannot find any useful tips or videos on service select other than the clips which say it is possible and isn't it amazing.  (it would be if I could work it out).169204262_Screenshot2021-04-29at13_31_03.thumb.png.8099f98c87e626a96f7284d5c740773e.png29807995_Screenshot2021-04-29at13_15_39.thumb.png.388d00ed1651f44c811daee876d0d867.png2030849944_Screenshot2021-04-29at13_14_16.thumb.png.7dfe7b8b3cfd4e5cb29136d8102d12ed.png

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a work flow for correcting Aligned Slab Hardscapes which curve and twist improperly.  Basically, use the Edit Surface Modifiers>Grade>Placement mode.  Place several connected grade objects just outside of each edge.  Cross connecting grades can be added into the network.  If the grade objects are snapped together,  the node "sticks" together if the value is edited in the Edit Surface Modifiers dialog.  Surrounding values for slope, segment length, projected length update automatically.  Or, any segment can be disassociated.

To me, this is a cumbersome process.One can envision a solution which is tangent to each aligned end and twists evenly to produce a smoothly curving slab.  The ungraded aligned wavy, dipping shape is contrary to that vision!  But the regraded slopes seem to be accurate for drainage specs,  construction, etc.  More/shorter Grade Objects increases smoothness, but probably increases file overhead and might decrease file stability?  The interpolation option can decrease faceting.  These are shown without interpolation.

-B

image.thumb.png.bc72773cb19848ac2aee269c184c359e.png

image.thumb.png.7f6de5413fc5d70d52de6a6eed72e998.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
Use your words!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1