Runtime Error!

gnkarch

Just upgraded to VW Architect 10.0.1. Have read with interest problems with runtime errors. My installation seemed to go fine. This morning I began my first project on VW10. When selecting more than 1 object, and attempt to change attributes of objects (objects are rectangles and lines in none class), the program crashes:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C...path (VW10)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information."

I updated my video driver this morning(suggested by Katie on a previous post) to no avail. If anyone can offer a solution, I would appreciate it.

Windows XP Home

P4 2.23 Ghz

512 Mb RAM

NVIDIA 64MB DDR GeForce 3 Ti200 (Dell)

In the meantime, back to VW 9.5.2. At least that version works.

GNKARCH

Thanks for your reply P.

After reading your reply I opened VW10, created 2 rectangles & 1 line on untitled doc that opens w/ program. Selected 1 object, than all 3 w/o experiencing problems. The file that I am experiencing problems w/ was setup w/ VW Architect project setup commands. The program will crash when selecting just 1 object & attempting to change its attributes. Objects are on Floor Plan sheet, Mod-Floor layer.

Robert: The file that I had trouble with was set up using the "Document Setup", Model Setup", and Create Standard Sheets" utilities in that order. The file was the my first and only so far on VW10. I didn't install program until 1/8/03. When the file caused the program to crash, that file would not appear on the current file list, under the File menu. As an experiment, I opened the file, then closed the file without making any modifications. That file then appeared on the Current File list. I re-opened the file from the Current Files list, and to my surprise the operation(s) that caused the file to crash the program, no longer did so. Explain that one to me!