Aneesh Carvalho

Path Extrude 3D not working

Hi All,

I'm trying to create the different types of wainscot panels with parametrically controlled dimensions. I extruded a mold profile using the extrude along path node. However it does not rotate once it's created? Is there an alternate way to doing this?

Definitely appreciating all the help I'm getting here

Thank You

Path Extrude Not Rotating.vwx

Have you considered adding the EAPs to your panels prior to rotating them? Only rotating the one solid piece may be helpful.

Hi Marissa,

Yes I have, however, I am not able to rotate the rectangle geometry to use as a path. Rotating 2D objects have been even harder for me as they never seem to work for anything I've been trying to build. So that's why, I've been creating 3D objects and then rotating them along the x-axis.

Right, I'm suggesting you build the whole solid laying down first, make it a 3D object prior to rotating it to be perpendicular to the floor.

• Like 1

Thank You @Marissa Farrell! This was really helpful. Is there a node out there that helps extrude a profile about a path at a specific reference point? It seems that by default, the profiles get extruded along a path from it's center only.

Thank You!