creating "non-conventional" site plan/topography

I'm a new user...so here we go!

amongst many other things, I design green roofs. I'm trying to depict microtopography in the soil depth on the roof, ranging form 6 inches to ten inches. Is there a way to create topography(a site map?) on the roof. I've looked through the manual and the boards and can't get it to work. I tried creating a site plan from polygons/loti but can't get it right. I tried laying out a bunch of loti, but how is the robot supposed to understand which loti are grouped and which heights they are?how would you approach this problem?

cheers,

brent

o.k. so I figured out these first questions...isn't that how it always works...but now I have some more that are related...

I've got my microtopography, but can't figure out how to have the vectors arched or rounded. I found one function in the object info that lets me change each vector form corner to arc individual but how do I set the preferences so it does it as I'm pploting for every point.

then...as I want to eventually render this drawing, how can I create a realistic yet dynamic viewport of the image in order to truelly see the changes in topo I haven't dramatically inflate the z values...is there some step I'm missing.

much appreciation.

brent