Can't move walls: Stupid question while teaching myself

So far I've found the instructional videos rather helpful to understand what I'm getting myself into.

However after installing the trial to teach myself, I've immediately run into issues where I can't move a simple "room" created by the rectangular wall tool. Multiple videos demonstrate the very intuitive process of highlighting with the selection marquee tool then dragging what has been selected. Yet when I attempt to do this, all it does is start another marquee selection from inside the "room" previously selected prior to my attempt to click to start dragging it.

I had hoped it was a class/layer/permissions/lock issue, however this is a brand new install and I hadn't modified any of those, as well as having checked over those (to the best of my knowledge) for conflict after running into this issue. I felt that modelling my house would be a great exercise for what seems to be rather intuitive software, however after a full day of re-watching videos along with general exploration of the software, I feel like an idiot for still not being able to move a simple 2D rectangle. At this point my need to know has surpassed my embarrassment at my ignorance of a most basic function. Any help is appreciated.

You always have to drag from an object, not from a blank part fo the drawing.

Do the marquee (or hold down shift and click to add items to a selection or remove existing items from the selection). Then move the mouse pointer over one of the selected objects. You should see a change in the highlighting of that object. See the different shade of green in the bottom wall that I am hovering over. Then Click and Drag and the entire selection will move.

image.thumb.png.3d34860230367ffcdc69fbebde5111a9.png

Thank you! I hadn't realized that in the basic tutorial the interior was still part of an object unlike the rectangular wall tool, which then allowed me to notice it was also in connected walls mode and that made all the difference. Again, thank you!