Install/download

Naomie

Question

I have downloaded and re downloaded this software 3 different times..... had to delete and keep reinstalling, every time it said it was not able to open and that my serial number "timed out" i entered the serial number in, it said valid and then still not able to open software. please help. i need to use this urgently.

7 answers to this question

i am a service select subscriber using vectorworks designer 2020 and trying to download and install 2021 to use with updated mac os big sur, but, the disk image that downloads gives an "image not recognized" error for the file named "Vectorworks2021-SP3-588748-SeriesBEG-installer1-osx.dmg" and, the second file that downloads is "Vectorworks2021-SP3-588748-SeriesBEG-installer1-osx.dmg.part" and is not recognized by any application.

if i select the option to directly mount using installer, nothing happens.

please advise, as i'd like to get back to work on my project as soon as possible.

thank you,

bradley

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.53.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.57.09 PM.png

1 hour ago, skinnystudio said:

the second file that downloads is "Vectorworks2021-SP3-588748-SeriesBEG-installer1-osx.dmg.part" and is not recognized by any application.

That is just the temporary download file that, while existing,

just shows that your download is not finished.

Once the download is successfully finished, the *.part file

will disappear automatically.

17 hours ago, zoomer said:

That is just the temporary download file that, while existing,

just shows that your download is not finished.

Once the download is successfully finished, the *.part file

will disappear automatically.

thank you... but, that file does NOT disappear once download is finished (in fact, i have gone through the download/install process several times and it ALWAYS remains - see image in previous post), and, i am still left without a solution.

the real problem is the .dmg file doesn't mount as it is not recognized, and, i cannot control that file as IT is the file that downloads when the link is activated. 

what is VERY interesting, is: the .part file is 1.19GB, while the .dmg file is 'zero bytes'... there must be a bug in the download script?  even if i change the name by dropping the .part off the end, it still doesn't recognize the .dmg file.

The *.part file can stay if the download was cancelled or interrupted.

I would delete everything and start downloading from scratch.

Could be so many things, VW server temporarily down, internet connection issues,

Anti Virus Software (on Mac?) ....

Yes, if there is a DMG in Finder that has only 0 kb, something went wrong.

Probably a bad download so now DMG could be created.

3 hours ago, zoomer said:

The *.part file can stay if the download was cancelled or interrupted.

I would delete everything and start downloading from scratch.

Could be so many things, VW server temporarily down, internet connection issues,

Anti Virus Software (on Mac?) ....

Yes, if there is a DMG in Finder that has only 0 kb, something went wrong.

Probably a bad download so now DMG could be created.

so... i simply moved closer to the wifi distributor in the house, and, it worked... probably not the best signal in the back office... haha.  thank you!

• Like 1