Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Edit Heliodon from Marionette

Milan

Hello everyone 🙂

I hope I am at the right place; this is my first post. I want to edit the time on a Heliodon through Marionette. So, I get my Heliodon with GetObjByCriteria. Let's say the Heliodon in my Scene has an entered time of 10:00 AM. And then I want to execute some kind of code to change that 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. How can I do that? As far as I know, there is no node directly for that, but you can also write your own nodes, so I hope that somebody here can give me advice on how to set the Time of a Heliodon.

Thank you all in advanc

While waiting for a reply I worked further on this and discovered the lines

vs.SetRField

vs.Reset

vs.GetRField

with the first I could successfully set the time. However, the rest of the object didn't update. So I had to write vs.Reset too, so the Heliodon updates according to the new Values.

However, even though I called GetRField after Reset, I still retrieved the values from before the Reset. Specifically I am talking about SolarAltitude. I set the time from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, reset the object and then retrieve the SolarAltitude. But it is still the same as at 8:00AM. When I then run this a second time, then I retrieve the 11:00 AM Altitude. In other words, the commands don't happen in the correct order.