Accuracy

2000Steve

I am finding much dificulty in editing walls and door / window symbols. If symbols need to be edited small amounts the program is clumsy to use. If I move the symbol, the walls and symbols below move as well. Things that I don't want to move. Why can't I simply stretch the symbol up say 1/2", and only have the area highlighted affected, not the entire wall. I don't know about your offices but somethignis never drawn once and not touched again. If that were the case, the program would be great. Right now I don't think it's all it's made up to be.

Are you moving the doors and windows along the wall -- if you have a horizontal wall .. move the door over an inch or so, OR are you trying to move the door and window jamb out of the wall an inch or so?

What version of VW are you using?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Steve, here are a few things to keep in mind. What you're describing is not hard:

1. If you are just dragging the window/door along the wall, it's much easier if the wall is filled (with solid white, say). If the wall is not filled, you should drag along the -face- of the wall so the wall is still "picked" at the end of the drag =or= you can disable pulling the window/door out of the wall by disabling the "enable wall insertion" mode of the arrow cursor. (this is the second button from the left). Then inserted doors/windows can't be pulled out of the wall.

2. Try the Position button in the Object Info palette to do precise dimensional locations of doors and windows in walls.

3. If you are using 9.5.1, there are at least two free upgrades available to you on our website: http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/vectorworks/index.html

4. If you haven't already used them, I also highly recommend the training CD series for VectorWorks.