Grid Line visibility

simona

I am having problems adapting to the new gridline in Vectorworks 2021.

- in some viewports they don't appear (sections) even though I carefully placed the section line parallel to the grids.

- when I click to verify the grid line instances precisely on the viewports I want to show the grid there is some kind of blockage presenting it in gray and not letting me activate it.

- I erased by mistake a grid from an elevation an I can't seem to get it back.

@Wes Gardner I have already made sure that the CLASS I put the grids on are turned on, also I moved the grids to special class to make sure of this, I even put the elements inside the section marker layout on the same class, and they still don't appear.

I uploaded pictures of all the drawings where I am missing annotation markers and pictures of the design layer where I have all these markers!

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.08.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.10.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.09.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.12.37 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OK.  I got your file and took a look and found two different reasons why some grid lines weren't showing:

• One grid line (#8) was not perfectly perpendicular to the cut plane.
  • The other grid lines (B - F) are completely behind the cut plane causing them not to be seen by the section viewport.  They need to be passing through the cut plane or completely beyond the cut plane in order to show.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, simona said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THIS WAS VERY USEFUL!  I am also wondering why the section and elevation markers don't appear on the floorplans? 

You're welcome!

If you select a Section Viewport and click on the "Section Line Instances…" button in the Object Info palette, you will be able to select which viewports to display instances of the Section-Elevation Line.

• 4 weeks later...

We are having issues with the grid line bubble moving up and down in elevation viewports.  The need to constantly be adjusted.  They are ok for the remainder of the working session but are messed up when opening the file again.  Is there a way to lock them into place?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Brian H said:

We are having issues with the grid line bubble moving up and down in elevation viewports.  The need to constantly be adjusted.  They are ok for the remainder of the working session but are messed up when opening the file again.  Is there a way to lock them into place?

Hi Brian,

Can you send me a file (with steps) that demonstrates the problem?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same issue as @Brian H .VW23  Difficult to send the steps because the change in appearance of bubbles happens when opening the file.

Also struggling similar to @simonato put back grid lines that I've deleted by mistake in section  viewports. No problem with the grid, but if I delete by mistake a gridline in the viewport ¿how do I bring it back? Same it happens with data visualisation legends : if I delete the data visualization legend in the viewport how can I bring it back?

• 4 months later...

I am having a similar issue. VW23.

Bubbles and Grid lines in the Elevation and Section viewport keep moving to the middle of the drawing when viewport gets updated/turning on and off of classes(classes unrelated to grid lines). 

I move them back up the drawing in annotation, lock them, but upon viewport updates they bounce back down to the middle of the elevation. 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 1