Vectorworks Freezes when Copying or Scaling with Seats

Anthony DeFallo

Question

I'm so beyond confused here, as I have tried several beefy machines and keep experiencing the issue. My project was speedy for the most part until I added seating sections. As I added chairs, it began freezing for up to two minutes at a time as tried moving, copying, or changing one property. I have tried re-importing my CAD file and do not see issues until I begin adding seating. I have tried several PCs and several Macs and continuously hit the same issue. Can someone please try and help me out?

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Anthony DeFallo said:

Hey! Thanks for the advice, I am looking at the options and all, but can't quite figure out where to adjust that. Is that somewhere in the seating section? Sorry if it's a dumb question, it's my first major project on Vectorworks

@Anthony DeFallo @michaelk  Yep, that's precisely what I have done: make a couple seat symbols from really basic geometry: really sped up the whole process. The basic idea is to substitute a much lower poly chair for the default choice.

• build or obtain said low poly chair symbol (I locate & duplicate and edit the original chair symbol, keeping all records attached)
  • then see screenshots, 1st of which shows new chair in same location as original chair
  • 2nd of which shows opening seating section tool by double-clicking, then choose new chair & Bob's your uncle (whatever that expression means,lol)
  • Also please find an example low poly chair with record attached

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.14.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.14.38 AM.png

LowPolyChair.vwx

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mjm said:

@Anthony DeFallo @michaelk  Yep, that's precisely what I have done: make a couple seat symbols from really basic geometry: really sped up the whole process. The basic idea is to substitute a much lower poly chair for the default choice.

• build or obtain said low poly chair symbol (I locate & duplicate and edit the original chair symbol, keeping all records attached)
  • then see screenshots, 1st of which shows new chair in same location as original chair
  • 2nd of which shows opening seating section tool by double-clicking, then choose new chair & Bob's your uncle (whatever that expression means,lol)
  • Also please find an example low poly chair with record attached

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.14.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.14.38 AM.png

LowPolyChair.vwx 531.58 kB · 0 downloads

That definitely helped a ton! Thank you so much!!!

• Like 1