Layer or Storey Elevations in Sections

VancouverMike

Question

Hello all,

I'm wondering if I am missing something, so please enlighten me. The new gridline tool is great, and works as you would expect for any BIM software. Similar to the functionality of the new gridline tool, is there a way to have layer elevations or storey elevations automatically show on section viewports as well? Or do I have to continue to manually input these values? Thanks!

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

You can use the benchmark elevation marker tool. Should be n the dims/notes toolset. There are various settings it can be used with, one of which will read the z elevation on a dl in relation to where it is placed in the y axis in vp annotations. Have a play with it. You still need to manually place the marker tool in each vp annotation. 

That was my question. So it seems I have to manually place a marker and draw lines for stories on each drawing. I suppose that means if I change the elevation of a storey, the drawings will not update to coordinate. Very annoying, hopefully this is addressed in future updates.

It is very annoying that VW doesn't do this better. I followed the suggestion of a previous post and made a symbol of the layer elevations for one viewport and used that for the other viewports. At least that makes changes easy.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, VancouverMike said:

That was my question. So it seems I have to manually place a marker and draw lines for stories on each drawing. I suppose that means if I change the elevation of a storey, the drawings will not update to coordinate. Very annoying, hopefully this is addressed in future updates.

This has been on the Wishlist for a very long while now and is in the roadmap under research. 

Might be worth an encouraging comment for the developers.

https://www.vectorworks.net/en-US/public-roadmap?url=elevation-markers

• Like 2