Landscape Area - Insertion Point

I recently 'edited the path' of a landscape area using the 'reshape tool'.

When I was working around the area later I noticed a 3D locus point - hovering over it saw that it's the landscape areas 'insertion point'. 

I didn't know there was such a thing and now I'm wondering what it's for...

Also since I've 'edited the path' it's now floating in space - beside being messy, is this a problem?

1751882855_LandscapeAreainsertionpoint.thumb.jpg.347a6e94f7d70e99b1de2777ed0896d1.jpg

@bob cleaver 

Not visible in top/plan - maybe I have a setting turned off?

Visible in Top View and all other 3D views

There is also :

•  A 3D locus that is on an upper corner of the top component of the landscape area.
  • A rectangle above the landscape area that is somehow part of it but not selectable nor a component (there are only two components of this LA).

1700305693_LandscapeAreainsertionpointB.thumb.jpg.2bce52510202a0a035c6fac49ed05be2.jpg

I tried to select the 'insertion point" - it will highlight (and provide a label) but it is not selectable.

I tried 'edit Landscape path' and I seemed to be able to select it with reshape tool -- but this immediately crashed VW.

So I'm just moving on and chalking this up to "one of those VW things that make no sense but don't seem to interfere, much"