Change All Dimension Standards in Viewports

@drelARCH ugh, so close... but still trapped above the annotation layer to apply the attributes.

I'm honestly at the point where if I can't edit annotations via a worksheet, it doesn't belong in the annotation layer. There's just so much time and energy wasted entering and exiting annotation layers for the most tedious of edits. If I have to edit 1 thing x every VP, that's enough to ruin my day. And that would be on a good day.

Hoping to accomplish 2 things:

1. At a basic level, simply change the Dim Standard of all dims in all VP's (or selected VP's if that makes more sense)
  2. At a more complex level, a worksheet (not a script) that would allow me manage all dim's in the same way that I can manage all drawing labels (screenshot attached). I still feel like this is already achievable but I'm just overlooking something obvious... 

For the record (pardon the pun), I really do have to dimension these objects on the SLVP's because it's the same object with 6 different view / VP's: top, front, bottom, left, right, iso

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 1.54.44 PM.png

1 hour ago, Andy Broomell said:

Try going to Tools > Custom Modification.

Type is Dimension.

Include Viewport Annotations.

In the Properties pop up, change the Dim Std for all the Dimension objects (not sure why the pop-up gets weird at this point). Click OK and it should work.

I was following this post and thought "maybe custom modification would work". But then thought - "nah if these guys haven't already thought of it then it probably won't work"!😆

Glad it got sorted!

• Like 2