Grid squares gone

clairestar2003

Question

Hi, 

I've just started using vectorworks for my interior design course and was setting it up as the tutor wanted but I seem to have change the amount of grid squares in the drawing bit (what's that even called?!) from loads to 4 large ones. How do i change it back? I ended up adding a new layer but I know that's not the solution and now I can't get rid of the layer either! Thanks for any help 

1 answer to this question

If you go to Tools>SmartCursor Settings (or double-click on the Snapping palette) + go to the 'Grid' section, in the 'Reference Grid' pane you can set the size of the grid squares. 

To delete a design layer, right-click on it in the Navigation palette + select Delete from the context menu. Or click on the little right-pointing arrow in top RH corner + choose delete from the pop-up menu. Alternatively, open the Organisation palette + select the design layer there + either right-click on it again or click on the Delete button at the bottom.