VW21 SP3.1 palette windows all seperate

Attached are 2 screen shots.

VW2020 and how window palettes used to, and should behave, and VW2021 SP3.1 and how they look now.

I've restarted the computer to see if that would help, and still wrong.

This did not happen on my laptop. Only the desktop version, and only after installing 3.1

Anyone?

vw20 pallets.jpg

vw21 palettes.jpg

I had these blank palettes too. Mine were hiding off at the very right side edge of my monitor. That was VW2021 before any service packs came out. So it was one of the issues that prompted us to delay installation until SP3. I've have seen the again but they are not as predictable.

My small beef now is that when the tabs are merged as per previous years the tab at the far right in the palette becomes the active tab when ever the palette is reopened. The palette doesn't save the active tab when closing.

2 hours ago, LarryO said:

I had these blank palettes too. Mine were hiding off at the very right side edge of my monitor. That was VW2021 before any service packs came out. So it was one of the issues that prompted us to delay installation until SP3. I've have seen the again but they are not as predictable.

My small beef now is that when the tabs are merged as per previous years the tab at the far right in the palette becomes the active tab when ever the palette is reopened. The palette doesn't save the active tab when closing.

OK great. I'm not the only one.

That's a small win.

Yes same issue with them all being on the far right of my my right side monitor.

I updated the graphics driver just in case, but that didn't fix it.

This was a pre SP3 installation but I didn't use 21 until very recently.

I had no need to draw anything as I'm in the entertainment industry, but now I've got a gig, and we're working in 21 so I updated to SP3.1 and this.

Laptop looks fine even with 2 monitors, but it was a clean 3.1 installation.

I guess I'll try uninstalling, and installing a fresh 3.1

How Lame

I uninstalled and re-installed after doing a registry clean.

Nothing changed.

As an extra ha ha bonus when I edit a workspace and come out of it any window and pallet placement I've done is lost.

I'm so glad I pay for a subscription of Designer.

I can see my money is going towards useful, and meaningful upgrades to the platform

Oh and Support has not responded to my request.

I'll be calling tomorrow

What I've come to think that they are is closed tabs that are not hosted in the primary palette.

By primary palette I'm referring to what we would have expected them to be before this new feature was incorporated.

The navigation palette, the object info palette, etc.

So if one tears off the data tab from the object info palette and closes the tab but leaves the obj info palette open. Then under some circumstance that data tab appears off to the side, but unformated, it is not identified with the data tab title or layout. If you go to the pull down menu and activate the data tab one of those generic blank palettes will refresh with the data tab title and layout. I can't seem to identify when the blank palettes are occuring, is it when altering the workspace, opening an existing project file in conjunction with the application???

I figured it out.

I had a long call with Tech Support and we deleted Vectorworks 21 preferences folder.

In Windows 10 that's in User/AppData/Roaming/Nemetcheck/Vectorworks/2021

Deleted the whole folder which makes you re-activate VW.

We noticed the palettes were correct.

I ran the migration manager again, and that's what broke it.

After many many attempts I narrowed it down to 1 single checkbox that breaks the palettes apart.

Preferences.xml

You can see in the images below what happens when that single box is checked.

I ran it again, with everything checked EXCEPT that 1 box, and it works.

I'll submit a bug report

So glad to be doing product development for something I pay for.

245370073_migrationfail.thumb.jpg.7be20af2d8f1d10610943f2ecec0231c.jpg245370073_migrationfail.thumb.jpg.7be20af2d8f1d10610943f2ecec0231c.jpg1524105718_migrationfail2.thumb.jpg.6a205fd325bb98c8a5db6204662b5fd3.jpg

• Like 1