Printing

Thom

This has been posted under "Printing" also with no response.

Have of you found that the more symbols the dwg. contains, the harder or longer it takes to print. I have found that I have to print to a pdf. file first, than print from Adobe to my printer. Is this a VW problem?

XP Pro, SP2, Pentium 4, 2.8, 1 gig of mem., HP450C Plotter, ver. 4.65 driver

I hope that NNA can respond to this as I find it quite interesting. The good news is that you found a solution by printing to PDF. I am curious why this would print faster than to a plotter.

I have noticed that using both hatches and sketch mode can create very long print times of more than 1/2 hour. (By the way, using dwg as an abbreviation is confusing, ie: DXF, DWG).

Drawing complexity will lengthen processing time of the computer during printing. This should be no surprise.

But you say that you must first print to PDF. What exactly is the problem that necessitates this step? How does printing to PDF alleviate the problem?

I have left a dwg trying to print for up to 1/2 hour and it still seems to be trying to process the info. I print to my PDF995 driver and it prints within a few minutes.

I understand complexity makes for longer printing times, how long is long?