Shutters for Source 4 not responding to software console

Anyone else had this issue? I didn't set any shutters within VWX itself, as I wanted to wait and do it within Vision. But, when I brought up the channel and software console, the shutters aren't responding at all. 

Also, for some reason, the unfiltered lights are appearing deep red. If I connect to an actual console over sACN, I can bring them up and down to make them change the color temp back to normal, but then they will often overcorrect and go cooler than an actual incandescent. This seems SUPER buggy. Does anyone have any advice?? 

Thanks!

Greg

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.35.05 AM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, GTHORN said:

Anyone else had this issue? I didn't set any shutters within VWX itself, as I wanted to wait and do it within Vision. But, when I brought up the channel and software console, the shutters aren't responding at all. 

Odd... it does seem to be working for me somehow

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 11.52.49 AM.png

Also, for some reason, the unfiltered lights are appearing deep red.

You may try tweaking the color temperature value to, say, 6000K and then back down to 3200K in an attempt to "reset it". I've seen this reported by users from time to time, but we've had a lot of difficulty reproducing the issue in house and tracking the bug down.

I can bring them up and down to make them change the color temp back to normal, but then they will often overcorrect and go cooler than an actual incandescent. This seems SUPER buggy. Does anyone have any advice?? 

Unfortunately, I just write code 😛 Controlling the color temperature via DMX does seem like it would be difficult to work with. Presumably, there is a sheet somewhere that says what DMX values correspond to what color temperatures. But, I know you were experiencing issues with Vision's rendering of color temperatures as well. So, perhaps, this is not as useful. Try tweaking the Color Temperature values in the Properties Palette and see if that helps. Maybe someone with more light board experience can chime in as to tips/advice for controlling color temperature via DMX.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 minutes ago, GTHORN said:

I may just have to ignore it unless someone has any additional ideas?

It might be a pain, but maybe if you select the broken fixture(s) in the Scene Graph, right click it, and select Replace Selected Fixtures... you could select the exact same make/model to get it to "recreate" the fixture in place? You may even be able to get away with deleting the broken fixture and then undoing it 😛  No guarantees any of this will work, but some odd ball ideas from the code itself 🤣