VW 10 Setup Problems

VW 10 Setup Problem:

1. When I go to Document Setup I get an "Alert: Required date file "Common/Data/DwgSizes.txt" was not found." Then the document setup box comes up. Then I can use the Document Setup box.

2. The I go to Model Setup and I get another alert-"Alert: There was a problem with the LayerNameStds. Worksheet. This procedure cannot run without it". Nothing will happen then.

3. Then I go to to Create Standard Sheets and nothing will happen until I use Model Setup-which of course, I can't.

4. Then I go to Standard Naming-"Alert: The worksheet "Class Name Stds" is missing." I hit the ok button and I get another alert: There was a problem importing the ClassNameStds worksheet. This procedure cannot be run without it." Then I get the first alert and then the second alert again and then the first alert and I finally can get out of it. This is another circular problem like VW9.

I've talked with Katie at Nemetschek and she had me reinstall VW 10-I still get the problems after the install. She is researching this with the engineers there-no solutions as yet.

I've never used the setup before in any previous versions and thought I'd try it.

Anybody have any ideas. Nemetschek is working on this, but I need to get some work done this weekend and I would like to use the setup features.

Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect

Combs & Combs, AIA

7480 Upper O'Malley Road

Anchorage, Alaska 99507-6207

Phone: 907-346-3990

Fax: 907-346-3990C*C

Cell: 907-250-4207

Email: samcombs@gci.net

Web Site: http://home.gci.net/~combs

Mac OS10.2.1

Vectorworks 10

G4 500mhz Dual Processors

1.5 GB Ram

VW 10 on the primary partition in Mac OS 10.2.1-40 GB

Total Disk Space: 120 GB

Robert, I have the Industry package-so I have VectorWorks Architect. I tried VWA10 on my PowerBook G3 and it works fine. Then I copied the same installation back to my G4 and I got the same message. There appears to be some conflicts on the G4, there should not be, but there is. It is on Mac OS 10.2.1 so there should not be any conflicts, but there seems to be. Any ideas?

Sam,

I meant to call you yesterday, but I was the only one here all day long.

When we reinstalled VW over the phone, I know we turned off installing the Gobo's. Did you turn off anything else in the install?

I'm still baffled, as others are .. since the files exist in the VW 10 folder, and it's your primary partition.