Rendering with Clip Cube

I've had this issue for a while, and have tried to solve it different ways, but wondering if it's not just a bug.  When I use the clip cube with Open GL or Renderworks, I often get inconsistent texture clipping.  It's seems like the texture plane is outside the clip cube  within a different coordinate grouping, and it wants to show the clipped surface highlighted in red as if it's at the edge of the clip cube..

These a re Hybrid symbols, which I'm sure has a lot to do with it, but I've set all of my objects to be centered on the symbol locus, and zeroed out the coordinates of the polygons within the extrusions.  The texture is applied to the Top texture surface, as these are graphic objects with different content on each side. and I've set the extrusions with a fill color that's not set by class (if that matters).

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks,

-Chris

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.26.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.28.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.38.24 PM.png

So I just figured out that it only affects objects that use textures with included transparency.  My usual workflow had been to create a texture with a PNG and use the alpha channel as the transparency mask, and to put that on the Top surface of my graphic object to simulate cut vinyl lettering.  I would then rely on the color fill of the object to create the background in order to maintain consistency as I change the colors to match the walls.  This has its own problems, but I haven't found a better way to create cut vinyl or oddly shaped graphics.  I've never quite figured out how decals are supposed to work, as they don't render in OpenGL as far as I know. 

Anyway, for now I'll simply avoid this workflow, but it does seem like the way it interacts with the clip cube is a bug.  Thanks,

-Chris

Edited by Chris Busch
  • Like 1