Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Showing Object dimension in Object info menu

Alessio

Hi @Alessio,

that is possible. Simply use the Marionette.WidgetType.TextStaticParam in the OIP part (see also the developer wiki)

and change the value shown by using self.Params.Something.SetValue

For example:

FileName = Marionette.OIPControl( 'File name', Marionette.WidgetType.TextStaticParam, '<None>' )
self.Params.FileName.SetValue( str(os.path.basename(vs.GetFPathName())) )

Regards,

Antonio

If you only want to see the values that are coming out of a node, use the "Print Debug" node.

Consider disabling both the time and type in the OIP of this node.

If you are new to Marionette, please check out the online webinar series "Marionette Monday" by Sarah:

@sbarrett Could you please ask the web team to make a YouTube playlist out of the Marionette Monday webinars?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

@Alessio Did you resolved this problem?

May be this is a bug.

I am trying to do something similar. I figured out that StaticText in wrapped object works only if node have no input. Output only. Inputs disabling text in OIP. This is strange. I have no idea how SetValue without inputs. Is any different way to take value and put in somewhere in code without nodes? Who can help us to resolve this magic static text behaviour?

Edit: It looks like OIP is generated ones during startup and edit code. No way to refresh OIP during object working or I do not know how. Anybody known any tips for this? One way I know is using Text object or record Database with Worksheets.

Edited by Robert J

Hi @Robert J and @Alessio,

currently there are indeed two issues present:

1) The OIP widget StaticText only works in nodes without input ports.

2) The OIP widget StaticText only shows up in the input node OIP, not in the Marionette Object - even if the node is named.

Even though not to exclude this usage, I believe that this is so by design. It may be the case that this scenario was never considered. I will file a wish report for this to be implemented, because there are legitemate use cases.

Regards,
Antonio