Detail Callout Marker Angle

@markdd  Thanks.

I used Create Detail Viewport (assuming this is what you meant?) in the View menu and this created a callout with the annotation in the right orientation.

Is there a way to create this way and then un-link the new viewport and relink the existing viewport (that I have already annotated)?

The newly created callout has the linked viewport greyed out.

I also tried 'create objects from shapes'  Detail-Callout Marker... am I wrong in thinking this legacy callout doesn't allow for linked viewports?

I can't work out a way to unlink one viewport marker and apply it to another and vice versa. I can't see how this is possible. It looks like you may have to copy and paste your annotations into the new Viewport. I hope you don't have too many associative dimensions.

With regard to the Legacy Marker; my understanding is that the Link to Viewport just applies to the Automatic numbering and not the geometry. 

Its a shame that they haven't updated the Create Objects from shapes command to include the new markers. I will file a request and see where that goes...

• Like 1