Horizontal Sections

MSLD

Question

Have an issue with horizontal sections. I have a hybrid symbol of a chair that is set under a table, where the back of the chair extends above the plane of the table top.. In plan view, it looks as expected. When I create a horizontal section at 5'h, the chairs appear placed above the table. A 20"h stool next to it behaves as expected. When it's done as a dashed hidden line, it shows a dashed line for the stool (under the table) but the chairs appear above the table. Any Idea how to make this work?

H Section.pdf

3 answers to this question

You need to adjust the draw order of the Table and Chair symbols first. Make sure that the table is above the chairs using the Send commands from the Modify Menu.

If this still does not solve the issue, then you may need to explore adjusting the heights of the 2D components of either the Table or the Chair symbol. That can be done by editing the 2D component and selecting the Edit Component location from the special Menu Palette that opens in the Edit window. You can adjust the height of the 2D component there. In your case it looks like you need to set the chair component lower. 

I hope that helps.

• Like 1