Unexpected Aligned Hardscape Geometry

Hi all, I am having trouble with the aligned hardscape. The goal is to have a smooth aligned hardscape between two slabs, and to have the land conforming to it, the first pic shows the way I want the path to be. Now the hardscape is set as "aligned slab". 

image.thumb.png.7d9a05ac4c843e2133b419fb534ec558.png 

Since I also want to change the land form, I switch the hardscape to "aligned slab modifier (top)". But the site model ends up showing weird geometry.

image.thumb.png.aeee877b846b504594da7e636ab8803b.png

I attached the file also, I noticed this function tends to generate some unwanted results, is there any limitation or suggestion using the aligned hardscape? Thanks.

aligned hardscape.vwx

I can't open the file because I'm on VW2020 but looks like you need a Grade Limits around the hardscapes to regulate the behaviour of the modified terrain.

Also for the aligned hardscape you should disable 'Interpolate Surface' to get rid of the multiple red vertices.

Be aware that the build-in hardscape site modifiers are planar + do not cut the site model, but that may not be important in this case