Weird Callout editing error?

Question

This happens fairly regularly.

I enter Viewport Annotation mode and try and edit a callout.

• I double click on the Callout.
  • The  opens - but the note I wanted to edit isn't there...
  • ...Instead it's some other callout. Often 'undistrubed soil' for some reason. 
  • If I 'cancel' out of the 'Edit Callout' menu the callout is changed to the other callout and I have to CtrlZ to get the original back.

At this point I have to retype every callout.

Is there a setting I've mistakenly activated?

Video:

6 answers to this question

@Pat Stanford 

Will do.

It's an odd problem because a restart of VW does not help - but if I start remaking the callouts all the new callouts are fine even when the older ones are still behaving oddly.

And even stranger, eventually some of the older ones become fine.

Meaning callouts that I couldn't edit without them changing to "undisturbed soil" are again editable.

But only after I've re-written many of them.

i.e. In the attached video all of them were broken when I first checked, but by the time I got down tore writing  "concrete slab to engineers spec" it was fine.

Confounding.

@hollister design Studio we have this problem also and it seems to be getting worse.  It used to open just occasionally.  We have a callout and double click it to edit it, however the callout that opens is a different random callout.  We then press cancel and try again, some thing, close down the file, reopen and it still happens.  We now have a few files where almost every call out in the file has this problem.  Even worse like you sometimes when you press cancel it changes anyway and you have to press undo to get the original callout back.  

The problem seems to be when we actually have nominated a database.  The callouts which don't have the problem have no database selected, however you can't remove the problem by changing the database to none as the error still happens and the selection of None doesn't seem to stick. 

I am having to retype every callout which has the problem and then if I make a spelling mistake, i have to do it again!!  Did you find a solution. 

• Like 1

Just happened again.

Double Clicking on callouts and this happed.

I don't even have a Steel EDGING callout in this file.

803498910_keynoteerroragain.thumb.jpg.7e46b580b226dea28abe0f4ab2a23acc.jpg

@Pat Stanford 

I've attached the file (WORKING_AA3255.vwx) saved to the callout that is misbehaving.

Hope you can reproduce.

Sorry the file is so big, I have no idea why all my files start at 80MB and quickly end up at 400MB...

WORKING_AA3255.vwx

Works as expected for me.

I have had/am having similar problems with resources in the resource manager.  Sometimes when I double click one to edit a different on opens.  It seems to be the last selected resource.  Hitting escape before double clicking seems to solve it.

• Like 1