Jump to content

InteriorCad


Recommended Posts

We are new to Interiorcad. Currently we are 3D modeling all our cabinets and then manually creating cut lists etc.

Our goal is to use InteriorCad to draw all our cabinet boxes and go straight to a CNC router.

All of our projects are 100% custom and all our shop drawings are reviewed by a designer or architect.

Many times architects will have us make very minor changes such as increasing or decreasing a cabinet by fractions of an inch.

In theory we may have a cabinet with a vertical divider in it that needs to be moved a 1/4". Does this mean we need to completely redraw the cabinet to the new divisions for is there a way to adjust vertical divisions AFTER the cabinet is drawn?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, dminzner said:

We are new to Interiorcad. Currently we are 3D modeling all our cabinets and then manually creating cut lists etc.

Our goal is to use InteriorCad to draw all our cabinet boxes and go straight to a CNC router.

All of our projects are 100% custom and all our shop drawings are reviewed by a designer or architect.

Many times architects will have us make very minor changes such as increasing or decreasing a cabinet by fractions of an inch.

In theory we may have a cabinet with a vertical divider in it that needs to be moved a 1/4". Does this mean we need to completely redraw the cabinet to the new divisions for is there a way to adjust vertical divisions AFTER the cabinet is drawn?

That's kind of the point of interiorcad ūüôā. It's very easy to do. You can use mm/inches or percentages or ratios even and you can define variable cells that will stretch and shrink.¬†Have you done the tutorial in the Vectorworks University? It explains how it's done. Let me know if you have questions.

https://university.vectorworks.net/course/index.php?search=interiorcad-basic-workflow-2021

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info on the VW site.I just realized Intercad uses the option ket to select multiple objects. The videos definitely are helpful! On Tuesday we are looking at a new Homag Router. I'm hoping some people on the forum have experience in shifting to CNC manufacturing.

Edited by dminzner
Link to comment

The machine we are looking at will take a full sheet but apparently has pods that attach to the table to hold pieces off the table for horizontal boring.

How about labels? Will we be able to barcode parts or is that a Homag thing? 

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, dminzner said:

How about labels? Will we be able to barcode parts or is that a Homag thing? 

Sure you want a barcode? I think QR codes are the preferred choice now but up to you. Both are no problem. Make sure you get "Cut Rite" for panel optimising. It should be supplied with your machine anyway if it's capable of nesting. We have an export for it so you get all your edgebanding information across as well. Cut Rite will create the graphic code from the information you get from interiorcad. 

image.thumb.png.cc240d88d4cd6110789120006e1e110d.png

Link to comment

Playing around with cut lists I see they come up metric. Is there a way to have them Imperial?

I have Interiorcad set to imperial.

Our plan is to get up and running 100% on the software while we wait for our machine to arrive.

We can take advantage of cut lists immediately so our guys don't have to waste time pouring over drawings.

Link to comment
On 4/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, dminzner said:

Playing around with cut lists I see they come up metric. Is there a way to have them Imperial?

I have Interiorcad set to imperial.

Our plan is to get up and running 100% on the software while we wait for our machine to arrive.

We can take advantage of cut lists immediately so our guys don't have to waste time pouring over drawings.

Not sure why they come up metric. When you first installed interiorcad you were asked to choose. Did you choose imperial then as well? Can you shoot me a document where you are getting metric units?

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Not sure why they come up metric. When you first installed interiorcad you were asked to choose. Did you choose imperial then as well? Can you shoot me a document where you are getting metric units?

 

Internally VW is metric (in Millimeters to be exact). That is why the exports are primarily metric too.

Link to comment
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...