Landscape Area Styles - Classes and Pen/Fill settings

...I'm thoroughly confused.

I want to create 'Landscape Area Styles' that use the 'class style' attributes setting when created.

As recommended in the help pages I've been making my landscape area styles by modifying existing styles.

"It is helpful to begin with a style resource and customize it. "

The result seems to be that I'm getting styles that have predetermined 'assigned classes', and Pen-fill styles.

These new areas do not take the settings from my active class or attribute menu.

Does not matter if created with the Landscape Area Tool in 'insertion mode', or converting a polygon with 'create objects from shapes'.

After creation/conversion either the Classes and/or the  pen-fill settings change to a predetermined setting depending on the individual Landscape Area Style.

It doesn't mater what class I have set as my active class or whether I have Fill and Pen set to "Class Style " - every time I make a landscape area with a style it automatically changes the class and the fill/pen settings.

And not consistently - each style I've created behaves a different way.

• One style converts to the 'None' class.
  • One Style converts to a custom class and the fill to 'solid'
  • One style keeps the class as I've set it but changes the fill to an odd hatch I've never used.
  • One style greys out the Class area in the OIP so I can't change the class without converting it to an unstyled area.
  • And even the styles named 'Unstyled Landscape Area' and 'Planting Bed' from the VW library changes the Pen/Fill settings  to Fill-Solid and Pen-Class Style.

I can not find the place in the 'style editor' to change these predetermined settings.

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there another style menu to set these class and pen/fill settings?

Thanks VW Gurus!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...