How to add a second leader line on a data tag ?

Stéphane

Question

I might be completely dumb but I havent managed to add a seconde leader line to my custom data tag... Is it a hidden button ? Right click somewhere ? Was I rude to my computer ? 

I am actually trying a workaround because my texts flip position as shown at the end of the movie... 

"Multiple leader lines" is ticked. 

Nothing like "Add leader line" in the right click menu... 

Edited by Stéphane

5 answers to this question

@Stéphane the setting you are enabling is 'Allow Multiple Attachment Points' + it controls how the leader line attaches to the tag. It doesn't add multiple leader lines like the callout tool. It allows you to place a locus point in the tag layout to define where the leader line will attach to the tag as opposed to the 0,0 point. So if you place a locus point in the tag layout you can toggle between that attachment point + the 0,0 point by enabling/disabling 'Allow Multiple Attachment Points'.

(I think)

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Ben59 said:

Hello.

So is a way, as for callout, to have multiple leader on data tag ?

Thank you !!!

I don't believe so. A Data Tag reads the data associated with a single object so having multiple leaders connected to multiple objects wouldn't really work with a Data Tag.

• Like 1