Add some wiggle room for Smart Options targets.

hollister design Studio

Question

Please increase the 'allowable overshoot' for the Smart Options menu corner targets and selection menus.

It seems that there is about 1 icon width allowable overshoot before the Smart Options is deactivated.

I almost always move beyond this and have to retrigger the corner targets.

I also seem to "go outside the lines" with the selection menus and this deactivates the smart options too.

I know I should just learn to 'do it right', but I came to the design world as an artist and always paint outside the lines!

Note: Spacebar trigger does not work well with a wacom tablet - it may not be possible to 'hover' long enough with the always active wacom cursor.

I have my smart options set to be triggered by the key '1' in the 'Workspace Editor/Keys/'trigger' Smart Options Display' - which works fine.

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

On 12/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, Tom W. said:

1. SOD should appear instantaneously on hitting Space bar without the animation.

In VW2024 this is much snappier now thank you!

On 4/1/2021 at 12:26 AM, hollister design Studio said:

Please increase the 'allowable overshoot' for the Smart Options menu corner targets and selection menus.

This is better too: your cursor can stray slightly further from the SOD before it abruptly disappears. Good!

No sign of these two though unfortunately:

On 12/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, Tom W. said:

2. SOD should remain on screen until you positively deactivate it, in same manner as right-click menu (or at least have the option for this behaviour).

3. SOD should be able to be activated whilst cursor is in motion, again in same manner as right-click menu or keyboard shortcuts.

• Like 2
On 12/8/2022 at 6:45 PM, Mark Aceto said:

Possibly hit the space bar a second time to deactivate it.

AFAIR in VW 2023 I had it said to appear when cursor idles.

I migrated settings to VW 2024 and saw it restricted to pressing SPACEBAR,

OK, but pressing SPACE does not open them for me !?

EDIT :

Now it works !?

Edited by zoomer