InteriorCAD - notching a part

Ride

@Stephan Moenninghoff - can you tell me how to notch this partition? I have a sink going here and want to show the cutout.

Also - how is the InteriorCAD manual coming along? I asked some time ago and I think you said it was not far away. There is a lot of functionality within InteriorCAD that I know I'm not using - a manual would be ideal. Or a lot of tutorial videos. I see the marketing videos, and they look great, but they don't show anything in enough detail to be useful.

Thanks

VW2020SP6

Macbook Pro, Mid-2015

Mojave

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 14.41.06.png

Edited by Ride
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 hours ago, Ride said:

@Stephan Moenninghoff - can you tell me how to notch this partition? I have a sink going here and want to show the cutout.

Of course I can tell you: use a Contour 3D object. Please make sure you have ticked the "3D Details" checkbox in the Object Info Palette of the cabinet object. The notch will not show up otherwise.

You can skip the "convert to polygons"-part if you're not bothered about CNC output. I do that to get rid of the extra side. It is not required.

6 hours ago, Ride said:

Also - how is the InteriorCAD manual coming along? I asked some time ago and I think you said it was not far away.

Yes, the tutorial on the Vectorworks University. Glad you mention it. It is done: https://university.vectorworks.net/course/index.php?search=interiorcad-basic-workflow-2021. Enjoy!

We have also updated the interiorcad manual: https://conf.extragroup.de:8443/im/latest

• Like 2

Thanks, Stephan. I have been working through the University videos, very helpful. But back to the contour for the gable notching, why do I see the width of the contour in my viewport? What does the width of the contour refer to, and how to I view just the cutout, not the width of the contour as well?

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.22.41.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.23.11.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.26.09.png

Edited by Ride
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...