Referenced DWG - Attributes and Hidden Lines

isyme

Question

Hi There, 

I have a document that references a series of DWG's split out floor by floor. When I'm panning around in OpenGL it looks fine - however when I go into top plan view every surfaces looses its fill and only has an outline. This carries across into Top/Plan as expected but what is slightly odd is that it also appears the same in Hidden Line Rendering Mode. Has anyone experienced this before and a workaround?

1 answer to this question

Since these objects are in the DWGs, that means they are solely 3D. In Vectorworks 3D objects display as wireframe in Top/Plan view. In order to have fills in Top/Plan you have to have some type of hybrid object, either a "higher" level object like a Floor or Slab, or a Symbol with a separate 2D (Screen Plane) part that will display in Top/Plan, or an AutoHybrid object from the command in the AEC menu.

But since these are referenced DWGs you would probably have to do a full import (and lose the benefits of referencing) to be able to convert them to something that will show solid in Top/Plan.

Could you get by the a rendered Top view instead?

I am not certain about the Hidden Line. if it is working as expected or not.